The old bank safe, called a "Victor Manganese Steel Screw Door Bank Safe," or "Victor Safe," is from the First State Bank of Eagle Point. The bank was open from 1911 to 1954. The bank was one of the few which survived the Great Depression in the 1930s. The First State Bank was bought out by the Rogue Valley State Bank in 1954. The two thousand pound safe looks like an old diving bell. The spherical shape of the safe's upper was so designed to thwart safecrackers. Money was kept in the vault, and may still hold some today, as thus far no one has been able to get the safe open, because no one knows the combination. When the safe was brought to the Eagle Point Museum, the safe was brought to the Safe and Vault Tech Convention in Nevada, where workers used tools, and did their best to get it open. But they only succeeded in opening the bottom door and getting the combination door off, thus ruining the safe's appearance. In 1982, Walt Young purchased the safe from the Oregon Bank, which purchased the bank in 1964. Walt Young was the Cashier/President of the bank from 1930 to 1954. The Rogue Valley State Bank later moved to Medford. In 2002, Walter Young’s son, antique dealer Perry Young, donated the safe to the museum.