Robert and Henry Brown arrived in Southern Oregon in the early 1850's to find gold. Henry Brown filed and established a claim on Little Butte Creek that came to be the town of Brownsboro. He returned to Wisconsin to bring his brother, George, George's wife Mary Jane, and infant daughter across the plains in 1861. Robert, Henry's brother, founded the original Brown's Store in Brownsboro in 1873. In the 1887, Robert moved and opened the store in Eagle Point, across from the Mill. Robert sold the store to his brother, George, in 1885. George managed the store for twelve years. By 1907, George's three sons, of eleven children, ran the store. The family later built a brick store, still standing, on Main Street. It was noted that the Brown stores were the longest family owned businesses in Southern Oregon. They were run by the Brown family from 1873(including the Brownsboro Store) and sold in 1954.